People & Culture Executive
RIANA Group is a leading integrated business solutions provider that commenced its operations in Kenya in 2017. The organization delivers high-end technological solutions for world-class businesses.
The group has multiple business interests across domains like business technology, electronic security systems and digital signage. The Group has a vast presence in Kenya and a proven track record of delivering a diverse range of services to businesses across domains by leveraging synergies across group companies.
RIANA Group offers solutions for Electronic Security Systems, Queue Management Systems and Visitor Management System.
More info can be found on www.riana.co
The purpose of this role is to oversee and ensure smooth running of the HR department as well as design, develop and implement polices that drive the company culture.
Reporting to the CEO and working closely with head of departments, the People & Culture Manager is required to effectively build the people and culture capability of the organization; lead and manage an effective human resources function to support management of the employee lifecycle; and contribute to broader organizational and strategic management. The position also has a key role as ambassador for organizational culture and values, ensuring they are visible, embedded and upheld.
Strategy & Leadership
- Develop and execute RIANA’s People and Culture strategy
- Contribute to the development and achievement of RIANA’s medium and long-term strategy, ensuring effective inclusion of key people and culture considerations
- High level analysis of key people data and trends in support of strategic priorities, advising an appropriate course of action as required.
- Design and develop programs for the continuous learning of all team members
Organizational Development & Culture
- Contribute to the development of a robust culture through role modelling RIANA’s core values and the behaviors which drive this culture development and achievement of RIANA’s medium and long-term strategy, ensuring effective inclusion of key people and culture considerations
- Design and lead initiatives including research and diagnostics (e.g. annual employee engagement survey and exit interviews), to maximize the engagement of all employees and build organizational commitment to the desired culture
- Work in partnership with the Marketing and Communications team on effective internal communications
- Develop a focused job design aligned to a structured Workforce Plan and Framework
- Ensure a clear Employee Value Proposition in support of candidate attraction
- Ensure best practice, innovative methods and processes relating to the recruitment, selection and onboarding
- Development of formal induction process and procedures
- Develop workforce and succession planning processes.
- Build a culture of performance across the organization with oversight and continued development of the Performance Review & Development framework
- In conjunction with the Executive Team, ensure all Learning and Development is strategically linked to organizational needs and aligned to performance reviews and business planning processes
- Develop and update RIANA’s Learning Program each year after the Performance Review process
- Create a leadership development framework to maximize leadership capability and embed a coaching culture in support of delivering on strategy outcomes.
- Responsible for the effective operations of all normal People & Culture activities to support management of the employee lifecycle including: Maintain employment records to meet compliance obligations, Compiling and Filing of statutory returns, On-boarding/ off-boarding employees
- Effectively manage the Human Capital needs of the company. Work closely with the Head of Departments to ensure right placement of employees in key positions.
- Internal and external organizational reporting (i.e. Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to Business Plan KPIs, Executive Team Reporting, Board Reporting etc)
- Assist the Head of Departments with planning, budgets and reporting, including evaluating People & Culture results and trends.
Qualification / Education & Experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a People & Culture executive.
- A minimum of 2+ years of HR experience in the above areas;
- Prior experience of working in a tech industry shall be a plus;
- Thorough underdstanding of HR policies and procedures, and knowledge of Kenyan Labor / employment laws & HR practices;
- A degree or relevant qualification in HR;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiatives without direct supervision.
- Strong strategic, analytical, and organizational skills.
To submit your application, kindly upload your CV and Resume on / before 23 rd February 2024